PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would the cancellation of FLynx be the end of the Army Air Corps?
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 14:44
Mister-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faithless

Whilst I am not in the Lynx IPT per se I am involved with this project and will try albeit briefly to answer your question.

F Lynx has been in the PR 08 planning round since last year and whilst a decision was due to have been made toward the back end of 2007 it was delayed until as it was explained to me March this year. In March I was informed the decision was again delayed until early April and I have since been informed a further delay has been enforced with a possible window in early summer.

One thing I can explain is that it isn't delayed because the project is not up to speed or indeed to the specification wanted by the MoD but simply because it may be reconsidered/reduced/delayed as part of the savings needed to be made over the coming years.

Only the Defence Board and I imagine the cabinet have the answers and believe me there has been absolutely no leakage there, and hence you will have to join the long queue of people wanting to know what is going on.