PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wsop Crewman
Thread: Wsop Crewman
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 13:53
GPMG

ramp_up, wind your neck in sunshine.
Those comments are reference to the amount of times that we were due a RAF Puma pick-up in South Armagh yet ended up yomping back in due to supposed poor weather (what seemed to be drizzle). However if we ever had a Sea King pick-up we were pretty definite that it would turn up.

If during the pre patrol brief, we were advised that it would be by Puma there would be groans all round the room, if it was Sea King we knew that we could plan for after the patrol and it was smiles all round.

On the other hand one of my most enjoyable rides was in the back of a Chinook leaving NTH for the last time, very pleased to see tha back of that grotty little pit.

Those comments are part of what is called banter, perhaps you need to look it up someday, might stop you getting all precious and throwing hissy fits.

Regarding the other posts, thank you for the comments both positive and negative, as well as the supportive PM's. It has given me a lot to think about, although I would have to pull my finger out if I was to go for it.

cheers

Last edited by GPMG; 23rd Apr 2008 at 14:05.