PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 13:46
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS QUINN
Can some one enlighten me as to what the role of airport director actually encompasses?, because a background of 'English & History, HR & the Health Service' coupled with a few years in a 'very supportive' role to 'Hughie' as Director of Operations at an airport where recent performance can reasonably be termed a disaster, hardly seems to be an appropriate CV to me. Doesn't say much for any other candidates so presumably a closed shop. Interesting to note that Hughie remains on site (presumably Ms Quinn will be delighted), as does the also elevated Head of finance Ed Heatly who both now have the word 'Group' inserted into their job titles. If there is one thing that DTV is good at it's job titles another classic is Emma the Marketing & Communications manager , are there any more girls to make up a quorum in the baordroom ?
With all these individuals with long & fancy titles all occupying a set of offices in a very small airport not going very far then I'm not convinced that more trouble is indeed far away.
So as this post is not seen to be too negative I've attached an extract from the current Peel Holdings web site :-Durham Tees Valley Airport: Is undergoing a £56 million investment programme to improve facilities in order to attract both new airlines and additional passengers. Well folks I guess that actually every one is actually going to 'live hapily ever after' that is if you believe in fairy stories