PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool 3/2/07
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 10:32
Supersport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again there is a suggestion of forceful coercion here rather than what seems to be a naive young man being encouraged to operate outside of his ability. It is a fine line but nonetheless a line.
I think the word shoved is representative of the encouragement / persuasion that Andrew Walker recieved from the CFI.

We are all well aware that at the end of the day, that encouraged or not, Andrew could have said no. I am well aware that the 'blame' for the accident cannot be shifted to the CFI, ultimately the 2 occupants of the aircraft are to blame with the extensive chain of poor decision making / planning.

Tell me this though Bose-X, put yourself in the CFI's position, had you been there on that day, would you have actively encouraged a plain PPL holder to take on a flight of this nature, knowing full well that he was out of currency? More to the point, if you had been the CFI would you have even asked in the first place? I know what my answer would be.

The fact that he even asked, knowing full well the currency / experience level, smacks of desperation. The fact that he had to ask twice makes it even clearer.