PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotterdam
Thread: Rotterdam
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2001, 14:40
eyeinthesky

Did some training there a good few years back, and since then the noise nimbys have taken a bit of a hold. There are restrictions on operating light a/c during the weekends, I think, and certainly no circuits.

They have fairly strict VFR arrival and departure routes, so make sure you have details on them. If you are coming from the UK, the one you will probably use will be a Hotel arrival, which used to be 1500' QNH(Airfield is BELOW MSL) over Hoek van Holland and then abeam Delft, with outbounds at 1000'. Don't take my word for it, however.

Cost of parking etc not that exorbitant from what I remember, but go-juice pretty pricey. If you get fuel, you have to go into to the terminal to pay for it, so get it on arrival! The procedures for getting back airside involve seeing 3 or 4 different officials at opposite ends of the terminal, so don't leave anything in the plane!

This was the situation when I was last there about 3 years ago, so it might have changed. Another nice place is Midden Zeeland (EHMZ) or Teuge (EHTE) which are both friendlier to GA. If you want to go to Amsterdam, consider Lelystad (EHLE) which is about 30 mins by train and cheaper than Rotterdam (but you have to fly further).

------------------
"Take-off is optional, Landing is mandatory"