PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 09:55
Frogman1484

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a sad state of affairs this thread has become. The fact of the matter is that once we get RA65 we should all be on A scales, but will most probable all be on B scales.

We all knew what contract we were getting when we joined, the B scaleres knew that we were going to get paid less than A scalers which is something lots of A scale guys keep on reminding us.
Then again all of the A scalers knew that you had a better Pfund, Pay , and a travel fund to compensate you for a shorter career (most Ascale guys joined in their mid to late 30's). All of this was given knowingly that your career was going to stop at 55...you knew what you were signing for right!

The one thing that really makes me want to throw up is when I hear on how the Ascale salary has not been adjusted since 1994, but currently is still 20-25 % more than a Bscale Captain.

You then hear on how some guys are upset about having to pay tax on their travel allowance when most of the Bscalers do not even get one! Lets throw in that the fact that the currency protection on the Ascale Pfund is now at 10-15 or20% when the Bscalers have 0%, or when a Ascale captain tells his crew that he is going to extend because he does not think that his Aud 3.5mil pfund is not going to be enough....uhgh!!!

Come on guys , please do not try to play the I'm so hard done by card, because you have had a very good run so far...and yes we will all be going to 65 so be humble about it.