PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 09:20
Patches O'Houlihan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some food for thought, or cake...

as a new joiner on cos08, i probably stand to earn the least compaired to all the whiners (for lack of a better word) on this thread.
yet, i can't seem to wipe the ear-to-ear smile from my face after finally getting the job i have worked towards for the last 4 years. if you tried hard enough, i'm sure some of you might remember it...

in other industries, salaries are confidential - you have no idea what the person next to you is earning, nor have you any right to know. you are there to do a job, and paid accordingly.
yet we as pilots think we have a right to moan about how much a person with year's more seniority is earning...

when a-scale was dropped, i still had to stand on my toes to reach the urinal. it has no bearing on my life whatsoever. as for cos99 or -07 or whatever it is; again, it was not offered to me. i am quite happy to accept cos08, and i'm sure you all were to sign the various offers made to you.

as for the wait: so you get bypassed for a few months/years due to ra-65. yet you now have a career that can last 10 years longer! more than enough time to recoup any losses. surely you can't expect to given full bypass pay AND stay till 65? yet that might still happen. mmm! that cake tastes great!
company expansion (almost 10% growth per year!) should also offest the upgrade delay caused by the new retirement age.

but we will all fight for a raise in our individual capacity? b-scale wants a pay-rise, but would begrudge a-scale the same? no logic there. surely an increase accross the board will benefit everyone, be it a-scale, b-scale, or cleaning lady??

ow! my head hurts.
patches