PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 09:08
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems these things get too emotional at times. Most often you can break it down to a few issues:

Dubai: some like it some don;t and some just can't live away from home and so become unhappy.

EK: same, some like it and some dont. Some hate the skeds some like them. I think, in general, most guys like the aircraft, the routes and the people they fly with.

Pay: as above. The difference here is that some may like EK but decide that the opportunities are better elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. As far as I am concerned I look at my life and family from many angles - including the business side. We are a business unit and we do what is best for us financially.

I enjoy everything about working here but I have great concerns about pay, inflation, exchange rates and conditions. ALL of these are issues EK has to deal with. Some will argue that inflation and exchange rates are not EK issues but I beg to differ. The pay package is linked to the lifestyle that one can live. If inflation and FEX rates are affecting that then the company can choose to deal with or lose pilots and recruits. These affect their business in every area as they affect my 'business'.

In short, I think most are happy here (despite some rantings here on Pprune)but it is tenuous - pay (after inflation, FEX) is a HUGE isue for EVERYONE as are the scheduling conditions.

How Emirates deals with these in the next year will be critical to how happy people are here.