PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA CPL IR FI validity in the UK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 06:05
Mordacai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sqwkvfr,

I think it's always hard converting from one system to another, no matter which way around you do it..no doubt due to primacy.

I am appalled that you decided to openly divulge the contents of a private conversation in this forum. This was not in the least bit helpful to the topic starter, or anyone else for that matter.

For the record, my opinion in the matter is that the JAA CPL flight test is a far more valid assesment of an applicants ability to perform a safe, expeditious public transport flight. If you want specifics, I refer you to CAA standards document 03, and the relevant FAA practical test standards booklet.

I'm afraid the difficulty of an FAA commercial checkride, and also instructor checkride for that matter, is always going to depend on which examiner conducts the test. I have noticed a horrendous lack of standardisation between these individuals over the years.

Wigan Warrior - best of luck in the furure, but as was pointed out, there is a wonderful document called LASORS -please go use it!

Last edited by Mordacai; 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:47.