PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 05:04
Cider30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS:

I don't begrudge A scale for 1 millisecond. What I do tire of is A scalers complaning about their paycuts and conditions.
Agree 100%. B scale happened on A scalers watch. Other airlines around the world are doing similar things; starting salaries being an absolute joke unless you are financially well off and in it for the fun !!!! (Don't think too many of them anymore)

Unified payscale happened on my watch. I together with the rest of the pilot group let that happen, and I promise I will not complain when I don't get a raise while "C" scalers are fighting for them to get to B scale.

We should never have let different pay scales happen, but I won't go there, just say that if you let somebody in below you on lower pay/worse COS you are shooting youself in the foot. If you can't see it is going to come back and haunt you, well then I don't think you derserve that payraise anyway.

Given the choice between keeping my salary and having newhires join on lower payscale vs. having one joint payscale in between, ie. I take a paycut and the newguy gets the same (annual adjustments aside) I take the latter. It would unite the pilot group, make us stronger (yeah I'll keep dreaming) and all this bit c hing about A scalers, B scalers etc would not take place.... And I would poke the wife instead of spending time at the PC....well maybe not...

Going for a refill at the bar,

Cider30