PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well, bu**er me backwards with a bendy birch twig
Old 29th Jul 2001, 12:47
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Congratulations - and I think you'll find that, so long as your FCL102 was completed correctly, your licence will be with you in a lot less than 6 weeks!

The scale of charges for Flight Tests on the CAA site is for tests conducted by them. I charge 10% less for the PPL Skill Test, 50% less for a LPC SPA for renewal/revalidation and nothing for an IMC test as I consider that to be a safety enhancement. I don't charge anything for PPL ground exams either; £37 a throw by the CAA is pretty steep, but remember that you are debriefed on the PPL exams you pass so that any errors are corrected, whereas you might never know what you got wrong in a commercial licensing exam! Partial PPL Skill Test passes I charge £65 per hour - so if it's only 30 min in the circuit which they need, then they won't get stung for another full Test! I am NOT advertising here, just indicating that not everyone charges quite as much the CAA scale would have you think!

[ 29 July 2001: Message edited by: BEagle ]