PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific Pilot broke rules, says airport controller
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 02:51
nnc0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In this post 9/11 era we've seen shoe bombs, biological attacks through the mail, explosives in toothpaste, impregnable f/d doors, and god knows what else. For one reason or another and not with any deliberate intent on my part I seem to have been involved in the development of a number of the onboard security projects we've all seen to guard against those threats. The experience included working with security and governmental agencies I never even knew existed beforehand. It was quite an eye opener.

My sense of things from the above discussions is that there's a lot of confusion out there about how to handle threats. I guess that also implies there's a lack of information in your QRH's about how to handle threats, or if there is, the procedures and guidance vary widely between carriers. It shouldn't!

I'd suggest you get your security, flt ops, in flight and airports people to get together and speak with some of those government security and health folks re todays threats and the strategies to deal with them. At the very least you need coordinated procedures in flight and some definitive guidance in your manuals for your crews.