PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say NO to 457 visas.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 01:00
flyhardmo

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What Shortage

I'm one of those displaced Aussies that would love to return home from overseas.
Understand your situation Kenny. I've got many hours way above the minimums required to fly for any airline/regional in Australia. I applied for Jetstar, VB, REX, Qantas and Cathay for fun, guess who reply's. Cathay. You start to feel that as a qualified pilot in Oz no one in the industry wants to touch you because they don't want to pay for the experience. If I had 200hrs there are a bunch of programs I can enroll in to get into these places. I fail to see the shortage but ACMS has got it right.
THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF QUALIFIED PILOTS IN OZ, OR PEOPLE WANTING TO BE QUALIFIED PILOTS.

ONLY A SHORTAGE OF PEOPLE WILLING TO WORK FOR PEANUTS.
If the Aussie blokes that live overseas were willing to come back to Qlink, would Qlink pay for the to move to oz, Not a Fen chance.
To the Saffa's. No one would be pi$$ed off if they gave aussie pilots a fair go and paid us a salary that was at least on par with a garbage collector. We are Pi$$ed off because companies will take you guys before us because you are willing to work for less under cutting our salaries and working conditions. Try demanding what you think is fair and see the response you get form the Qlink and Jetstar. Qantas group should no longer be the national carrier as it is only targetting foreign nationals.