PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 23:37
cxlinedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retirement at 55, 65, 75....

" Retirement Age

I am receiving a number of enquiries about talks with the AOA on Retirement Age – understandably there are individuals who need to make plans based on the outcome of the talks.

Unfortunately I can only say that talks are ongoing – it is inappropriate to release details of the various proposals and counter-proposals as they happen.

I can confirm, however, that the Company is not "going through any motions." I am very keen to introduce age 65 into the contract of all crews as I believe that it is, inherently, the right thing to do -for both the Company and individual crew alike. You should all be able to plan your own careers and choose when you wish to stop working. It should not be left to chance based on the phase of the economic cycle when you turn 55 or the discretion of the management team of the day. I’ll let you know as soon as we reach agreement. "

The above is from CX management.

From a non-A Scale Capt (me)...

We have all planned on a career progression and retirement at 55. This has been known to all as a fact of life at CX since we signed on the bottom line. We all have had to plan for this.

Anyone who works past 55 is STEALING four promotions (off the street to SO, SO to JFO, JFO to FO & FO to Capt). You STEAL their extra income, you STEAL their professional development, you STEAL their chance to retire before they are too old for a life. SO DON'T DO IT!

F**K OFF as you agreed to when you joined.

A-Scalers have a long history of selling out all others for their own interests. If you are C&T past 55, F**K OFF. The CX line that you are needed to train for the expansion is crap - others can easily take your place. New blood would also bring C&T into the modern world.

The ONLY fair way of getting retirement at 65 is to sign new joiners to this.