PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to ATPL Military Exemptions?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 22:37
Backwards PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, sorry, I get it now.
Whereas sitting on your ar$e in an ISO stuffing your face whilst watching TV pictures from some drone? Do me a favour.
You have no knowledge, experience or understanding of UAV ops.

Welcome to the 21st century, Beags. I just hope the CAA don't adopt the same head in sand approach. Or maybe they should - less competition when I try to get an airline job. Jack's alright!

So as we wont agree on this lets at least agree to disagree.

I would be curious to know how you (and anyone else can chip in!) would regulate UAV ops in the UK? Do you define size classes to differentiate between the 2m span scale model flyer and the 20m span MALE UAV? I think you have to, personally. And licensing - presumably some would be good (!) so would you create a new UAV license totally separate to manned aircraft? Would the exam requirements be broadly the same? Any read over? Would a 747 pilot be allowed to get a UAV license? Would he get any credit for his "sitting on his arse, stuffing his face whilst talking to the hostie" hours? and vice versa, of course. How do UAVs fly in any class of airspace (they will need to soon so best make some rules up quick)?

I believe the CAA have been presented these sort of problems and as far as I know the answer at the moment is "too difficult" so lets solve them here on PPRuNe - it will save a lot of committee hours.