PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say NO to 457 visas.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 19:52
trubru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look guys don't get me wrong -

If only the guys here in SA could stand together like you guys do against companies that pay sh!t. I really admire that.

But for us yarpies there are other factors to consider when looking at our problems at home. I really wish it was as "simple" as just staying away from companies that pay crap.

The South Africans that I think you Aussies are more familiar with are the guys that left as soon as they heard that there was going to be a new South Africa.....1994 - 1997. I think these individuals just didn't want to accept the change and the possibility of a brighter future for all South Africans.

However, the majority of people that are leaving now do so for their safety and their children's future.

I think there seems to be a bit of a misconception about what a South African is today in South Afrca.

The truth is - I don't want to leave South Africa. I live in Cape Town and fly a Boeing 737-200. Not the latest technology I might ad, but I'm very happy doing it for a living. Cost of living in Cape Town isn't far off from that in certain places in Australia.

What I'm getting to here is - If Australian Companies are going to come here to look for pilots, they are going to find them.

There will always just be one home for all of us, doesn't matter where you're from, but put anyone in our position and then we talk!

And that's the truth Bru!