PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT/NetJets Europe Stage 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 18:38
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NichAv....
1/ You're quite right. The UK Customs and revenue bods probably don't give three hairy flying monkeys about salaries paid in Euro from a Portugese company. However they WILL care about salaries paid, in whatever denomination, to UK pilots based on a UK contract with a UK holding company. This, if you believe HollingworthP - who has seen, read, had checked out by a legal expert and signed the NJE cadet contract, is what the UK cadets are on. Hence, it is squarely under revenue and customs (can't remember their new moniker accurately for now!) beady eyes. If you take in the first hand information you are given rather than just believing whatever flight of fancy you choose to believe, then we'll get a lot closer to getting an accurate picture.....

2/ It simply means that the total remuneration NJE will pay in the first year is €56500. This is split into a nominal €36500 of salary and an additional €20000 which is termed "repayment of training costs". Doing it this way is clearly so they can offer the tax break.

3/ Repayment does NOT mean LOAN repayment....it means repayment of training costs, which if you read the post by Adios earlier regarding the relevant legislation....oohh...hang on, yes...it looks like that's EXACTLY what that piece of legislation says....uncanny that...
The repayment amount is reimbursement of training costs....the individual can use that extra lump to bolster their income, or repay their loan...choice is theirs.

On the other comments....I don't think anyone is in any doubt that integrated costs more than modular. I don't think anyone is in any doubt that OAA is at the high end of that market. The problem in this, particular thread, is that you are arguing points that have been shown to be incorrect. The relevant legislation has been posted. People that have read the contracts and had them checked by lawyers have refuted your arguments, even current serving Netjets captains, yet you still insist you are right, despite not even being on the same continent. For the sake of your own credibility and that of the organisation you represent, please, please, please show the grace to admit that you don't know about this. No-one will think worse of you for saying "sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick" or just plain ol' "I don't know about that" but to continue arguing blatantly incorrect points, insisting you know all about UK tax law and the complexities of a sponsorship programme set up between two companies you don't know anything about is pure folly.

P.s.
[thanks]Adios[/thanks]

Last edited by clanger32; 22nd Apr 2008 at 19:04.