PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Future King ( GB that is)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 18:08
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry boys,

I wasn't going to say anything more but hey what the heck, I'm having a good day.

My politics aint great, so I may be a little off the mark here, but those that don't quite like the Royal Family bending the rules (if in fact the rules have been bent) may want to consider my earlier post regarding other regimes and their methods of dealing with those that are critical of them.

I seem to remember reading somehere that President Putin shut down (within 24hours) the newspaper that leaked the story about him and his girlfriend/mistress/whatever.

Let's not forget Mr Mugabe's behavior recently. I bet people living there wouldn't be so quick to take a pop at him. He has a particular knack of dealing with those that don't agree with his thinking.

We could consider some middle/far eastern countries who would think nothing of some form of public flogging, amputation or other crude punishment. In fact we could have a quick look round the globe and look at a sweet variety of methods of dealing with those that are outspoken.

My point? - well I pay sh**t loads of tax and yes I guess a fair bit gets wasted. But if the Monarchy wake up one morning and decide in their infinite wisdom that they want to go and p**s a bit of it in the wind, then good luck to them. I wouldn't change places with them for anything.

I just thank my lucky stars that I live in a country where I have a democratically elected government (Her Majesty's Government, I might add) that lets me have freedom of speech and even critisise them publicly without getting the secret Police kicking down my door and locking me up without trial for a long long time.

He's almost certainly the future King. Get over it and be grateful. In fact let's shut LHR for a day so Wills and Harry can go go-karting on the runway!

Joel