PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 10:40
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel costs at Ryanair

There is so much mention of higher fuel cost and reducing costs in the company over the coming months.

I am a fan of Ryanair, but i see the problem as being far greater than fuel cost. The recent €5 flight offer that has been extended (as they usually do-ie extend the flight offers), reads 100,000 seats at €5. It seems by Ryanair's standards a very long time to be still selling 100,000 seats at €5. Previously when a million seats went on for free they were gone so quick. Sounds to me that there is much softer demand for the same time of year when compared to last year, and in addition, they are probably not seeing anything near as big yield as usual.

Ryanair has huge no shows on Free flights so in net terms they are collecting taxes and charges many dont turn up and hence, no payment of taxes and charges to the government for these figures

It's time that Ryanair turned to brand and attempted to elevate the brand name, make flying fun ?

I mean Easyjet and Ryanair are so similar except Ryanair are lower cost, but Easyjet are a stronger brand name.What does anyone else think?

By the way does anyone know when Ryanair will be able to hedge again? or will it only be when the prices come down? Outlook seems poor in terms of fuel prices i understand.