PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigation Competition
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2001, 19:53
IFollowRoads

Question

jayemm - I've not entered this year, and as above, if I get a 50 hr check done in time, and everything else pulls together, I'll be off to Le Mans for the 24 hour party (Although I might hang around to watch, wait and see).

The year we did it (1999) the additional implicit clue for each waypoint was along the lines of 'its significant on a half mill chart' Other than that, you have to hope you can read a VOR radial & distance, or similar.

White Waltham website http://www.wlac.co.uk has the noise abatement circuits somewhere - the only awkward ones are 03 and 07, the rest come fairly naturally (although there is a variation in how 'tight' they are) Join at 1300 QFE, descend deadside to 800 QFE to the circuit. Bear in mind there is NORDO stuff around, so keeping your eyes open is essential

If you are around this w/e, may see you. Doing the 'Project Propeller' thing, taking a couple of gents from Elstree to Duxford on Sat, due Elstree 12:00, so if you spot a tallish thirties midlife crisis, with half a beard and a bald spot on top in the morning, say hi!

IFR