PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Path to Bizjets?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 07:14
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eric

See my post above. There are Citations which have single pilot rated Captains but the passengers prefer a safety pilot on board and there are citations which require two crew.

If you go JAA which you need to long term to work for an AOC you cannot log the hours on those citations without a full type rating and a two crew citation requires two fully type rated pilots.

If you convert your JAA CPL IR Multi to an FAA CPL IR Multi I know where you can get a citation SIC (Second in command) rating for $3000.
An SIC is acceptable in Europe flying N reg Biz Jets.
You can then log hours and offer to fly probably for little pay to build up jet time.

Once you suitable jet time you can then approach an AOC on your JAA licences and they may finance a full type rating.

If you are wanting to fly business jets a lot are JAA registered but a lot are also N reg so its not a bad thing holding both.

Your other option is to go JAA Buy a full type rating and hope you can persuade someone to take you with low hours or as others have posted do all your training through somewhere like Oxford and through their scheme go to Net Jets.

pace