PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redhill - do they want any flying?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2001, 02:49
TheSilverFox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello Aeropig1- Yes I have guessed your identity from your handle. Remember me? I tought you to fly!!!

Somebody on this thread was wondering how long it would be before someone from Redhill ATC would respond. I wouldn't hold your breath!

However as someone who at Redhill full time
perhaps I can update you on the state of play.

A new SATCO has now been employed but I believe that it will be some time before he has completed his training and is let lose on his own.( probably just in time for the airfield closures due to flooded runways!)

I can understand MOST of the comments that have been put forward mostly by one-off visitors from the sounds of it. Can you imagine what it is like for the people who have to fly there on a daily basis?

Anyway lets hope that with the introduction of the new SATCO the staffing problems will soon be resolved and possibly a change of attitude particularly towards student pilots who dont need the extra pressure of an ATC bollocking on air.As for all of you qualified pilots that are whineing about the bollockings that you have received-STOP SCREWING UP!!

Look forward to doing your IMC renewal next week AEROPIG1. See you then.