PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I must be retarded...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 00:55
gettin' there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that depends, have you actually bothered to attend some form of class on the subject or do you think so little of flying as a career that you think it's just like driving a car. Just a quick glance at the owners manual and off you go.

It sounds to me like it's the latter, if that's the case I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
It really s me when people post crud like this. The guy is genuinely asking for help and all you can do is S%^t cann him with no idea at all about his personal circumstances.

Ever consider that he can't get to a face to face class because hes working his butt off probably doing a job he hates so he can pay for his CPL???

I would suggest that the mere fact that hes going to spend at least $40K by the time he's done his CPL shows at least a little commitment..

Peter Fanelli,

It must have been really easy for you the whole way through your career then given that you were obviously born knowing EVERYTHING and never had to ask anyone for help.

jethrolx,

I used Bob Tait's books for my CPLs and for the most part found them really good and a pretty good representaion of what you will actually get in the Cyber Exams. I did find though that some of the stuff in his books was a bit light on for detail and often referred to a slightly more in depth explaination from another text if I couldn't understand it after reading Bob Tait.

Your flying school should have a few different texts from other people lying around. Ask if you can borrow one or just photocopy a few pages. Ask another student who has done/is doing CPLs if you can borrow their text or get them to explain it to you. Sometimes the same info explained a different way can make all the difference.