PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which headset for PPL course?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2002, 02:19
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hersh, I've been told the same by my instructor. She says the DC's are usually OK with most other headsets but sometimes just don't seem compatable for no apaprent reason.. .. .More important than make/model - can anyone recommend a good place to buy, close to either the North West or Yorkshire. I'd like to try some different makes for fit/comfort rather than buy mailorder or on the net. Hopefully going to spend MANY hours wearing them - weather permitting, so comfort is also important. Don't want do drive miles (although, of there's a particularly good shop 'daarn saarf' I could call in while working down there). Thanks in advance.. .. .One more point. I've also been advised to avoid ANR sets at this stage 'cos it's useful to be able to listen to the engine note etc. and catch any unusual noises. I've never thought the environment was too noisy wearing the cheap sets the club provide. Any comments from any of you more experienced types?. .. .Sorry for, yet again, hijacking someone else's thread but I think we're asking the same question anyway.