PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Break-Off" Approach
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 10:33
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD...
OK... I'm out of the loop but, Nigel, don't you realise that this might cause very serious problems? I had plenty of go-arounds at Heathrow which required immediate ATC intervention from the "standard" because of other traffic and nobody ever cried out to me that they were too busy...
Of course we do not cry we are too busy... please read my post, we just might not "hear" the instructions, as happened in my case.

If the headsets are a problem they need fixing fast
They will not get altered for H&S reasons (loss of hearing)... All discussed hear ages ago, I believe ATCOs noticed the increase in missed calls at the time...

and ATC issues instructions in the expectation that they will be acted upon..
I thought not? I thought ATCOs issue instructions, and expect them to be acted upon after a readback? No readback... expectation must be they will not be acted upon.

I could write out hear the litany of calls and processes we have to do on a GA. All our training / unusual situation handling is "fly the ac first" etc. (e.g. Aviate Navigate Comunicate), and in the GA process various factors may end up with communicate being low down the list. As I said one of them is pure human design - when the workload gets high (it is rarely higher than in an unexpected GA) hearing is the first sensory loss.

Of course if we hear them, then it is likely they will be actioned. All I am suggesting, as I did before and was told it would be fed back, that if you want a non-standard GA, the best way to do it, IMHO, is to get those instructions across first, then order the GA.

NoD