PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi seat assignment separating families
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2008, 08:41
AlexW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmi seat assignment separating families

My family is regularly frustrated by the bmi booking system which seems to lack logic in assigning seats to families travelling together.
I have lost count of the number of times that the default seat assignment has put my young children (currently 7 and 4) in seats nowhere near myself or my husband. Since the system knows we are travelling together and knows the ages of the children it should be clever enough to assign the seats appropriately.
As we normally travel at the cheapest fare the online check-in does not let us change the seats. Invariably we are told at the airport ‘oh the crew will sort it out on board’. I have been on flights where several families were in the same situation. The crew must be fed up with being left to deal with this sort of problem. I don’t understand why it is allowed to happen. It has been going on for years. I did once write to bmi but just got a stock letter back saying that this was just how the system was. Just wondering whether anyone on here has got any background info or thoughts on this.