PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Na na na na na.
Thread: Na na na na na.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2001, 05:31
Skylark4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mostly more consolidation today but did walk down to the Microlight area. Loads of a/c flyingcircuits on a 700m(?) runway whose approach end is adjacent to the main runway in use and at 45 degrees to it. Approaches are made parallel to main run with a final turn into line at 100`. Everything from Cubs to Bizjets to F15 using main at the time.

The Zoche diesel looks great as a four or a two row eight but it isn`t flying yet. C`mon Mr. Wilsch, grab the market. Saw one or two other deisels too, all using standard porting and none of them flying. It is not that cheap to buy a/c parts and tools over here. Cheaper, yes, but not the differential there used to be. I`m not in the market so I cannot quote figures, but thats my impression. Those Harvards did another perfect display again today. They must have put in a lot of practice.

NASA and the Government bodies have a big presense here, showing what they do and generally engaging in PR. NASA have a whole hangar as do the Customs and Immigration people, joint Can-Am in that case.
Only two more days here before I return to Calgary in the 182 on Sunday. Early start then for a 10 hour trip back. Back to UK 1-2 Aug. Have picked up loads of paper for later perusal, may have to make extra fuel stops on the way back. Oshkosh is +750 ft. but the pressure altitude can be 3000+ at some of our stops on the way.
Free Bratwurst and beer for the international visitors, ( me and my Canadian friends) tomorrow. Could be a heavy night.

Regards

Mike W.