PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Na na na na na.
Thread: Na na na na na.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2001, 07:25
Skylark4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It`s not luck, it`s pure, bloody minded perseverance.
No I didn`t(yet) ride the Tri-Motor but I was tempted. I think it`s only about $25 for a long taxy and a short ride. I was quite surprised at how powerful she seems to be. Engines give a good deep roar and she climbs away well. Conversely, the Vimy has been re-engined I believe and now sounds like two microlights in formation. There are rides available in a MASH type chopper too.
Opening day today. Saw about one third of the stands, maybe more, but all fairly superficially. Some very interesting engine developments. Do you fancy a Turboprop? 300HP + 500lbs thrust, will fit a single seater and cost $20,000. How about converting your Lycoming to water cooling? The Roche diesel looks nice. The C17 is big. The GB doesn`t look like it should fly. Americans do not recognise an English accent, they think we are Australians. EAA Merchandise is expensive. Food on the showground is expensive (I expected that one.) Surprisingly, Oshkosh still has Portaloos. Clean today but it is day one. Didn`t seem to be all that many people around but it is day one of seven, midweek and there is quite a lot of space.

Regards,

Mike W