PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rates of Pay: A/G and FISO
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2002, 23:14
Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should have said in my original post that I get £4.50 per hour for occasional A/G work at the moment - and I do it because I enjoy it. I'm just looking for comparisons and wondering, out of interest, what other rates/deals are offered.. .. .To those who would like to do it, there probably isn't a whole lot of paid A/G work out there, but it's always worth asking around at busier airfields. Upgrading to FISO is probably a better bet as an earner but there can't be too many places that employ FISOs - Elstree (?), Barton, Duxford, Fenland, Sywell.............what are the others? I know that Area Control Centres employ a slightly different type of FISO but I would imagine that it's difficult for an outsider to break in there. A/G opportunities sometimes arise for occasional events like fly-ins, air displays and at temporary aerodromes, but it can be a bit challenging for basic A/G bods and I think most of it is done by professional ATCOs for a bit of light relief!!. .. .CAP 452 (Aeronautical Radio Station Operator's Guide)and CAP 427 (Flight Information Service and the FISO LIcence) detail the requirements for A/G Operators and FISOs - both available on the CAA website under the Air Traffic Services section.. . . . <small>[ 15 March 2002, 19:23: Message edited by: Tee ]</small>