PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Student Planning Career. Which airline to Become a pilot with?
Old 21st Apr 2008, 00:57
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

J3, what a very typical Gen Y response. First instinct when you hear something you don't like is to tell the person to get stuffed. Whilst you may have toned down your response I note that you still decide to play the man instead of discussing the issue on it's merits. I shouldn't be surprised.

Shortyy, your last post is your best so far. Had you opened with that instead of your original post and asked the question at the beginning of the thread in a different manner then the response from many regular contributors may have been quite different. As I previously indicated, whilst you should continue aiming for the stars, be prepared for the possibility that you're aviation 'career' may not involve any of the airlines. Your 'choices' may be quite limited. If you do get a choice then my earlier comment about pay and lifestyle still hold true. In that respect there are ample other threads on PPRUNE that provide the pros and cons of the three majors in Australia.

neville, no that's not what I did but when I commenced my flying training 18 months prior to getting the QF cadetship and for the two years, three months and eighteen days between graduating the cadetship and commencing with Qantas- with no industry placement at that time- that is what I knew was one of the possible outcomes with an aviation 'career'. It's also one of the things that I tell younglings in the AAFC considering an aviation career. If they're not happy flying 'anything' for life then they're going to find it difficult to enjoy being an in airline- too much 'boredom', time away from the 'fun' things in life including mates, family and so on to sustain you unless you have a love of the flying.