PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 20th Apr 2008, 22:37
Mr Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I was in the sim and interview process a few weeks ago, and after alot of preperation I was accepted into the course. I was speaking to the boss of the program and he has informed me that the process will be running for at least the next 12 months. Over 850 people have applied now and they only have the resources to interview 75 a month MAX (so I have heard).

I only say this because I remember what it was like to be waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.......... only to think that you will never get your chance. You will get your chance, but you should be prepared to wait and be patient. Remember, you may not get it for another 6 or 9 months but they will give you one.

From my encounter's so far, they are VERY fair and provided you perform to their minimum standard and impress them, and they have a need for you, you will be given a go. Dont be mislead however. Its not an easy process. Yes they are desperate for pilots, but think of it this way. Interviewing 60 - 75 a month, for the following months course which can only accomodate 15 (approx). They arent taking anyone. I found the process quiet challenging and involved.

All the best everyone.