PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban Airport to become Highlands and Islands hub?
Old 29th Aug 2001, 08:23
BreakRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

As an Obaner (now in GLA) I really hope they make a go of it, but I have got to agree with the comments here, surely its going to take more than a bit on convincing to get operators (Loganair?????) to decide its viable. Inverness simply has quite a considerable edge. The weather is honestly really not that good most of the time in winter with really bad vis and an interesting approach (IFR approach at all at the moment?). However I do know that Connel has been much busier than lately with the intervention of PK and I think that there is definetly still potential for expansion so good luck to them. Better transport link to Oban would be a must as without a car North Connel is a bit away. You would have to borrow the phone in the Glider club`s hut to phone a taxi And what will happen when the RAF make their annual visit and use the airfield as an exercise area. Truth be told I`ve heard this a few times in recent years in the Oban Times.

Good luck to them, it would make my day to fly a shceduled service into Connel.

[ 29 August 2001: Message edited by: BreakRight ]