PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving the Airlines for something simpler.
Old 20th Apr 2008, 18:17
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving the Airlines for something simpler.

OK so after flying Busses and Boeings around the world with many different nationalities and a growing discontent at working conditions and lifestyle in particular I have a curiosity.

There must be those among us that have left the " Big" boys and pursued a simpler life. The thought of cranking a King Air to 45 degrees of bank in a mountain valley , or God forbid a momentry sink rate more than 1000 feet per minute on approach , or perhaps bug + 15 on a 4000m runway without having to do the paperwork , kinda gives me a hard on !

If you know of any true stories of those that have left the "big boys" for a better , less stressfull quality of life then please share with us. Especially if you are able to make a living. Salaries , disposable income , where you live etc. There must be so much more you can do with this qualification. Perhaps its a mid life crisis , perhaps a search for reality.

Example ( and I may be way off and a dreamer so feel free to correct me or put me in touch with reality)

"King Air 200 Medivac and ad hoc charter Captain , Based in Utopia , Married to Mary Lou , 2 kids , dog. Nice home , enough time to ride my bike with Mary Lou , walk the dog and do a little surfing .Enough money to pay the morgage ( and look after Mary Lou). Kids are being schooled. Not quite enough for their university education . Mary Lou is a teacher so this helps. Average 40 hours a month , proper pention and great medical cover. AM CONTENT "

or
" Beaver float plane pilot British Columbia. Its my PLane , My own bussiness . Mainly seasonal , flying fisherman and hunters to lodges etc. Its seasonal , but instruct out of season. Have a great time shagging the occassional tourist ( last ones name was mary lou). Have a dog that I get to walk when I am not playing golf. Sure I am not rich but get by "

or
"777 captain , lost the plot !!! "

Hit me.