PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BREAKING RULE 5 WERE WE???????
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2001, 00:17
clockworkclown

Cool

Captain Numpty, I agree with you wholeheartedly. The other weekend, I watched a PA28 circling at about 500 feet over south east Milton Keynes. The aircraft made several passes at such a low altitude that I actually telephoned ATC at Cranfield to ask the pilot to desist. For the rest of the week, every afternoon, a cessna 150 performed the same stunt (same pilot perhaps?). I fly from an airfield that until recently was under threat of closure from the antis, this type of behaviour is not only highly dangerous (imagine an engine failure at such a low height), but only goes to give ammunition to the anti aviation minority who would like to see all airfields closed. BEagle, you are speaking out of your backside. Many of the wide open spaces in Milton Keynes are parks, the CAA actually state that a park cannot be considered a safe landing area when considering the 1500 ft/glide clear rule. A recent case highlighted that the CAA consider a a settlement of 6 houses to be a built up area, so if MK does not count as a built up area, where does? It is amateurish behaviour like this that gives us all a bad name.