PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Apr 2008, 08:09
revolucionpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Atento..atento!!
To be positive you need and effort..being negative is the normal outcome of being here in Dubai
Since i joined I never met anybody..zero... nada.. really liking this place.
The vast majority are unhappy.. even most of those who tell you that are happy...They have to believe so because most of the time they don't have alternatives for one reason or the other and they just try to cheer up themself..not to fall in depression.
The only happy people here are the local that have big laughs ut us slaves from St.Tropez..... and the people making massive loads of money and remember.. flying for Emirates you won't make it.
Emirates is like a mairmaid... she sings at you and you are attracted but the song is just a song.... And if you fall for it then your screwed one way or the other. Behind every move they make and word they say there is an accurate psychological profiling ..They know to pick on your weakpoints.. they know pilots are grown up kids just looking to play with the bigger toy and be the chief....and I have to admit they are very good at it.
The company it self it's ok...if you don't mind flying 90% of the time at night,accelerating dramatically your aging rate, ridicoulosly short layover, no real training, no union, no assesment of absorbed radiation, no real pension, no rights, and other small details like ..the salary.. but i think they should keep in mind that nothwistanding all the marketing and embellishment Dubai remains a place not to live in.. noisy, hot, humid, polluted, dusty and million on miles far of being a civilized place and they should pay much much more in order to make you stand this place. Coming here and having the some standard of life you can have home..not being able to save a good amount of money...and not having any of the constitutional rights it is stupid...and that's the way i feel at this stage.
So if you are desperate for a job, the police is looking for you, somebody is threatening your life and you are coming from a country whose currency did not appreciated 50% against the dollar...or from the US come.. still there is worst... mhhhh ...let me think... oh yeah ....HELL!
Well if you are from the US..actually I can't imagine anything worst.

Last edited by revolucionpilot; 20th Apr 2008 at 08:26.