PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jetairways screening
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2008, 07:11
PVGflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer the question about the screening. there is no interview per se. The candidate has an oppoirtunity to ask the Jet Airways staff questions about the employment opportunity.

The simulator part of the screening is an abort somewhere during the takeoff. Second takeoff there will be an engine failure inflight. The flight then continues to a single engine ILS, hand flown, and a single eingine go-around. After that the failed engine is restored and the session is completed with a visual approach with a 15kt cross wind.

That is the 777 capt screening.

I've been working there about 6 months and although there have been some unilateral changes to the per diem the contract is intact. I am based in BRU and have not had any trouble getting paid tickets back to the U.S, at the conclusion of my block on days. I expect to be based in the US in June concurrent with the start up of the BOM-PVG-SFO route.

The entire staff is overburdened and rostering has a hard time doing their job but the reasons for it are many.

The pay comes on time. the hotel accommicdations are reasonable. the staff is friendly and responsive to the expats.

Leave is almost impossible to come by. This may cause some challanges as pilots begine to use sick leave to get time off. This seems to be an accepted custom at Jet Airways among the domestic crews.

I am happy with my situation and the future looks bright to me. I'm retired from a U.S. carier with a nice pension. I wouldn't stay if the situation was bad.

There are lots of things to complain about if that's your personality. For those that can go with the flow it's a good gig. The Indian pilots have been impressive in their flying skills and knowledge.
They have also been very accepting of the expats even though we are doing work they could be doing. They have a wonderful attitude and are a pleasure to work with.