PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Student Planning Career. Which airline to Become a pilot with?
Old 20th Apr 2008, 02:33
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Keg, have a think about where you came from mate.
So let me understand this correctly. Someone who is supposedly in second year of uni doing an aviation degree and wanting to move into an aviation cadetship/career doesn't know what GA is and displays a pretty poor atitude; I call them on it and suddenly I'm not sympathetic and have forgotten my roots? Because I'm an ex cadet I'm not allowed to challenge anyone following in my footsteps doing a cadetship/uni degree who is displaying a poor attitude? Seriously?

I reckon it sums up the attitude that many have in society at the moment. We're not supposed to 'call' people on things like attitudes and values because 'we're all equal' and my attitude shouldn't be deemed to be more acceptable. The problem with shortyy and many of their ilk- GA, military, ex cadet, uni, etc- is that they've never been called on anything. It didn't happen in school, it didn't happen at home and it doesn't happen at uni. It's going to be a rude shock when they start working with people in the real world and people actually start demanding the right attitude from them. It's going to be an even bigger shock for them when they realise that their poor attitude can actually kill them. I hope they get the message- just as someone gave it to me- before they're staring into the abyss.