PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 23:16
bermudatriangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The T5 fiasco,chopping of kirkwood and noyes,does the demise of those two sort the inherent problems of management within BA ? i think not.the whole structure needs a complete shake up,the airline needs a charismatic leader who can get the demotivated workforce back onside.for years employees have been treated as a cost which needs to be reduced,rather than a well trained,professional workforce,vital to the prosperity of the company and it's long term future.T5 is a shining example of replacing humans with self service machines,fine when things run smoothly,utterly useless when the operation falls apart,have you ever tried asking a machine for help or assistance ?the current leadership team has based it's whole strategy on cost cutting and technology,sadly the technology hasn't worked and the cost cutting left no backup when it was needed.that decision, to me should decide their fate.airlines are a people business,passengers expect to talk to people and be assisted by caring,well trained,professional employees,not stranded in a check-in hall with a machine for company.creating the climate for real success doesn't mean extra cost,just treat your workforce with respect,let them know they are valued and listen to the people that actually do the jobs day in and day out.it's so simple,yet BA seem to get it all so wrong.i wish i could run BA for 12 months,it would be a totally different operation!