PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabees & Recruitment III
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 22:56
squirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Interview

Hello my friends,

As mentioned before, i will try to be as comprehensive as i can possibly be about this fase: THE INTERVIEW

So all you guys and girls that attend an asseament day know what to expect:

During time some of the test have changed for example the english test got shorter and easier the group discussion changes themes all the time.

But mainly i will tell you what they look in a candidate cause you can swirl around them as you want not the other way arround:

Cabin Crew are Etihad's prime ambassadors in the eyes of their guests. Therefore, you need to display a high degree of motivation, enthusiasm and commitment in everything you do, be flexible, adaptable and innovative, with the aspiration to be high achievers. Your mission is to meet and exceed EY guests' expectations while offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality.

Here are the requirement for a Cabin Crew at EY:

To qualify for the opportunity you will need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum age 21 years
•Minimum 2 years customer service experience
• No visible tattoos
• Weight proportionate to height
• Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent.
• Must have a high standard of English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
• Medically fit to meet regulatory requirements.
•Ability to swim at least 25m unaided in open water, without a flotation device

This is how my interview went in MILAN on the 20th October 2007:

We started the day at 8.30 AM. First thing - the reach test! You take your shoes off and you get in line and you have to touch a line drawn on the wall! After touching the line you get a number! With your papers you go to the ETIHAD lady and you give her your CV and she writes your number!

After that you are presented a video clip about ETIHAD, you are explained about life in Abu Dhabi, what you are allowed and what you are not allowed to do there!

You take the English test, a 6 parts test that you have to complete in 20 minutes. Until someone from Etihad verified our tests, the 2 ladies from ETIHAD called us one by one to the one-on-one interviews!

There was a short interview, with a few questions, like: Why do you want to work for us? Why do you want to be a flight attendant? How do you feel about moving to Abu Dhabi? Choose an object from the ones below- a water bottle, an empty glass, a newspaper, a mobile pen and paper etc it may varry ... Why did you choose it?

And now comes the first Review - they tell you now if you go home or you can stay and participate at the rest of the assesment day!

After the first girls and guys are leaving, you take lunch, payed by them!

At this point, whatch out about your manners they look at everything in silence and if you do not see it trust me they do.

Then you start the next round - you get a subject and you have to talk about that for 1 minute!(subject varry from what was your favourite vacation , book, animal? etc)

After this you are separated in 2 groups and you get the bunker test - there are 11 survivors( a pregnant women, a teenager, a physician, a scientist....), you have to choose 3 people to send in to the bunker and motivate why! This is a group activity!!! MY advise to you is: DON'T GET TO INVOLVED IN THE DISCUSSIONS FROM THIS ACTIVITY! state your opinion but don't be to insistent about it!!!Let others share their oppinion try to involve everyone in solving the problem and always smile and keep eye contact!

After this, there is another review - they tell you who goes away and who stays!!!
After this, they give you some documents to fill out about your passport and flight history so they can procede with security clearance in case you pass.
There is another interview one-on-one, and then you go home! you are not told if your going in Abu Dhabi on the spot! You have to wait to receive via email a the security clearance (in just an email stateing that you can start teh next step - the medicals that you have to do! That means that you're going!!!

If you are called to go, don't think it will be in the next few days!!! But who know it happened to some why not you?!!

Hope this was helpful!!!

Regards to all

Squirly

Last edited by squirly; 19th Apr 2008 at 23:24.