PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Breaking into African bush flying
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 20:44
californiaO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Yeah, I expected my obvious inexperience would produce at least a couple smart assed responses. Thanks for your gentleness.

I'm not especially interested in working in South Africa necessarily, I was just asking about the flight schools there because that was all I found. I guess Egypt fuel prices aren't as low as I thought. I knew Libya had some of the lowest, but as far as I knew Egyptian unleaded was pretty comparable so I assumed other fuels would follow suit. Any flight schools in Libya you know of? Ever rented aircraft there?

As far as the licensing goes, I thought there was some sort of reciprocal agreement between the contracting states to the convention on international civil aviation. Maybe what cheetah was saying was that a partially completed license would be more difficult to transfer than an existing commercial license.

Something I forgot to mention is that I am also a UK citizen. Would this be helpful in obtaining work visas in commonwealth countries?

Cheetah: What were those type ratings suggestions you were hinting about? Do you know of any flight schools or rental operations in Libya? I don't really see Saudi Arabia being any cheaper than the US other than fuel costs. The reason I said not to waste your breath was because I've seen similar posts, and the responses are all just people claiming its too dangerous, you'll never be a real bush pilot if you have to ask, I've spilled more booze than you've drunk, etc.

Thanks,

Owen