PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the Metro had its Day in Oz?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 17:42
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly.....

It's a case of eyes wide shut. I just think that the issues raised here are so prevalent yet those who are meant to be in the know and take the action choose not to, for any reason. When something happens it will be knee jerk and too bloody late.

Centaurus, I can varify what you state to be true. I walked because of such issues. Now, I can guarantee you I'm not the smartest bloke in the world, so why does the CASA not know or act? I have seen and heard of Metro pilots at the Ansett sim in Melbourne being "forced" to pass, ie patterns repeated over and over again for an IFR renewal when it is actaully wrong to do so. I was told to "Shut up. We're short of pilots and can't afford one offline."

Ramp inspections? Ha! If they wanted they could check the real issues instead of writing a compliance notice for oil on the oleos. Pathetic. Have a look at some of the freighters taxiing as the nose gear almost bounces up & down due the who gives a damn loading techniques.

I've seen more than one pilot sacked via dubious means due correctly insisting on writing MEL's or not being a "company man".

Staionair8: there is no requirement for a wx radar on Metros for freight ops. Sad but true. It's back to WWII ADF use!

So again, will anything be done? Hell no. That's why I got out. Those who choose to stay in such circumstances know exactly what they are (not) doing and those who don't get it yet are the most dangerous as they are naiive through inexperience or agree to "play the game".

Russian Roulette.