PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - wet t-shirt contest at company housing?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 14:39
getreal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

have you not visited the official Qatar visitors web page? Have you not read Marhaba? apparently not. because if you had, you would be aware of the fact that qatar is promoting tolerance. in clear words, the country is islamic, but tolerant. the landlord, however is not. shiny jets or not, this does not give the wives of said islamic shiny jet drivers the right to abuse both verbally and physically those who are not. we live in both a compound that is multi cultural and a country that promotes tolerance. we do not live in saudi. bottom line, if our women are not required to wear abayas outside of this compound, they certainly should not be required to be subservient to the islamic ways inside the compound, which is our home.

we, or at least i have a mind of my own.

i ask, who is the muppet? those who follow blindly or those who question and argue for what is just and fair? or at the very least, the middle of the road so that everyone can live in a state of tolerance.

with regard to the pool issue...i stopped by the pool today and i am happy to report that it was back to bikini land. so whatever happened apparently the company has chosen the path of tolerance. thus ruling out your slobbering over the shiny jet theory/living in an islamic country theory.

one last thought for you...regarding the qatar olympic bid. do you believe that in the bid proposal they are stating that all visitor and participants will be subject/harassed due to the fact of not being muslims? kind of like what is happening with the landlord in this compound with the swim suite issue?