PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 13:49
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a lot of ways Pier D is a big glass box, just like Cork is but other than that they cant really be judges and were designed taking their location on the airfield and function into account. In other words both buildings were designed for different functions.

I dont know what version of ORK you guys are using but Bright and airy sums up ORK very well and the roof is a beautiful piece of architecture to my mind. SOmeone will probably say how much cost that added, etc. The airport above is now what I would consider 'world class'. It certainly beats the pants off anything in the UK or Ireland. To get all of what the CAA is getting for 100million is an absolute bargain. There is no way something like Pier D could have been built at ORK without building on a greenfield site, there just isn't the room to have gates on both sides of a terminal building where it is currently positioned, unless the business park was demolished and/or tonnes of earth were removed! I am probably beating my head against a brick wall, Im sure someone will come up with another conspiracy theory.

This board is really getting a bit silly and there seems to be a massive problem with DUB and SNN and in typical Cork style every time a positive piece of news comes along all we here is "oh but WAW, etc are gone..." For God's sake can we move on or are we determined to act like a bunch of langers with small-man-syndrome?