PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Housing Mess..
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 11:10
bushbolox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats wrong with living with hookers. My wife was one. Might come after all.Maybe I wont have to.

It seems todays new joiner is tomorrows pprune whinger...Nothing wrong with that but I think the next move will be basing for new joiners but not existing people for sure.Too much upheavel.
How about this as a possible scenario. Devils advocate and all that.

Not enough people willing to move over to the gulf and not enough houses for those that are.
Lets say there is a downturn in the UK or say BA strike and lots of guys leave. What would be the best option? Not enough crew or a pool of experienced crew who would be more than happy to fly the kit you park at heathrow or elsewhere in the uk whilst still living at home.No one can claim they arent as qualified or shouldnt be decs, accomodation doesnt need to be found and you lot will do as your told according to your rather flimsy contract (probable management view , not mine) Times are a changing Emirates isnt what it was...Basically a great expat gig. Poaching ready to go pilots is the way forward. Pay them gross and let them figure the tax out. Lots already have that bit figured out and dont live where they work. Switching to EK is nothing but a change of sop.

I think its on the cards. The gulf is now a dump, somewhere to go if you have to.Or wanta big command relatively quickly. The people will dry up

Nobody belived John the Baptist either.