PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Interesting" instrument approach
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2008, 09:11
Shunter
Upto The Buffers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFS, it was an illustrative point. I'll not bother next time. I know what the rules are, I have several thousand pages of them in the next room. I humbly apologise if my phrasing and context were less than perfect and open to interpretation by the resident keyboard warriors. The chap I was flying with was very well qualified and he was also scratching his head a little. At the end of the day we knew full well that the cloudbase was well above approach minima and there was no danger of anything other than me looking a pratt. It was simply a bit of practice. The reason you practice is to revise and improve. If I had needed to fly an IAP, as opposed to chose to fly one as practice, I would have selected one with which I was comfortable and current.

It was a simple post: I attempted to fly an approach I had not practiced recently, something unfamiliar was thrown into the equation, ATC instructions were unclear, X and Y occurred and things went wrong, why?
Answer received. Thank you. As with everything, it's not difficult to understand once you know about it.