PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 20:17
mike1711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with regard to the personality tests that you have to complete to become an ATCO, what sort of person are NATS actually looking for?
I have read some of the example questions, such as ' are you the sort of person that likes organising social events' ' do you get angry easily' pand you have to answer out of 4 statements which you feel is most true of yourself and least true.
The problem with this is that in some of the questions I would feel that none of the statements are least true of myself and therefore would have difficulty answering.

I know somebody is going to give the reply that i have read many a time "just be completely honest" even if that were to mean answering "yes I can get annoyed easily" to one of the questions (not that I do), but surely everyone here realises, that if you are applying for a job that you really want, its not like working down at the local supermarket, but rather you would make an effort to be the sort of person that the company wants you to be.

In light of this could anyone who has passed all of the stages or any ATCO's simply state what sort of person the company is after?

ie.
do they want you to be a talkative person or not? ( do they want you to be talkative as you will be talking to pilots all day, or are they trying to route out people who talk all day at work instead of working, unlike me I hasten to add)
do they want a very social person who tends to solve problems at work?
do they want someone who comes up with new ideas all of the time?
etc etc.

Sorry for the extra long post everyone, I just find it hard thinking that I may not get a job based on the fact that I may/may not be more or less talkative than the next guy