PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DH Moth Club Charity Weekend
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2001, 02:06
Tiger_ Moth

Thanks for that mighty tome of a reply FNG!
Very informative. I`ve seen that book on the Moth before and read a bit in the shop but didnt buy it because I never had any money back then. Maybe I should get it. In the RAF museum at Hendon the little board by the Tiger Moth says about those plans to use them in combat. Outrageous! Theyd do better to get some Bristol fighters or something!
It would be great to get an Se5, probably my favourite bi-plane but I dont think there are any left. Do you know if there are? Probably there are no originals left but maybe a few replicas which would still be good.
I agree ATC is not nonsense, it is necessary, unfortunately, because of the increasing amount of air traffic these days.
Hmmm... I wonder, do you think if I flew a Moth up to 10,000 feet over folkstone and then shut off the engine I could glide to France, because Cecil Lewis seemed to do that all the time in his book "Saggitarius Rising" (Excellent book). Did you know he was actually Daniel Day Lewis's grandfather, the guy from Last of the Mohicans! I only found that out recently.
Woops, Im babbling again...............