PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FCA173/4 24hrs+ tech delay?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 12:31
Dazbo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is exactly what I said, chill and enjoy your extended holiday!! I think it's the not knowing that's the problem. They are getting zero information from the rep on what is happening. They've been put in one hotel for the night and being moved to another because of availability issues. I appreciate it must be a difficult to situation to manage for all parties, but they'd just like to know what's going on. People have cars in car parks at airports with parking permits expired, family picking them with and kids wondering where they and expected back at school etc

It happened to me, flight MYT055/6 on 21st March 2003. I'll never forget it! MYT sent their DC10-30 (G-BYDA) to pick us up from Dom Rep (La Romana), which then went on to Montego Bay to drop off/pick up before coming back to Manchester. During the flight between Dom Rep and Montego Bay, the aircraft developed a hydaulic problem so was grounded in Montego Bay. I beleive it took 2 weeks to repair the aircraft and it took 52 hours for them to send an A332 to bring us home. I loved it, expended my holiday from 14 days in Dom Rep to a 16 day twin centre! I loved phoning my boss to say I wouldn't be in work beacause I'm stranded in Jamaica, but for others who needed to get back, it was stressful and frustrating. We were kept updated so it wasn't too bad. They've been given conflicting information such as the aircraft is stranded in the Maldives etc. I just thought I'd post on here just on the off chance anyone might know something that I could feed back.

Thanks,

Darren