PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots Stike!
Thread: Pilots Stike!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 10:12
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah come on guys yr missing the point here. It has little to do with the fact that they flew elswhere right or wrong it's the reason behind it, their way/form of protesting. Obvioulsy we here in OZ & most likely every other educated western country in the free world wouldn't try such a stunt 'cause we have other options. Unions (yes I know their hopeless) & other ways of protesting via work to rule as in by the book (which we ought to be anyway but you know what I mean) & perhaps calling in sick where possible to show that more is better than less. There are just Eg's obvioulsy examples that am sure China pilots aren't able to do so easily.

I read recently in an aero mag that China alone have around 20 new airlines that want to start up but can't due lack of pilots & airframes. With that fact(from the mag) this type of problem with poor T&C's is going to get bigger before it gets worse world wide, here is just a tiny country in the scheme of things ! I only hope that our boffins at the top take notice that if a communist country can have pilots starting to react like this what can a free world country employees like Oz do when they get pushed to the wall?
Watch this space, am sure we are only seeing the tip of a new iceberg here!

CW