PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2008, 09:33
VAFFPAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
Now if I was designing it I would have a repeater of the information at the engineering base so the team could see, in advance, what was coming where so they could jump in and get errors sorted out. People not envisaging errors, clashes, etc, and how to overcome them immediately are one of the banes of the business world. I am afraid many such projects suffer by being put out to the lowest bidder, someone higher up the chain feeling that is all that is important.
Well, the people on the ground are usually the last people asked about how things should work. Because after all, all they'd want is for the system to continue working the way it does, inefficiency and all (not my words). That's one thing that has always frustrated me in a consultative role - Being prevented from talking to the people who are actually supposed to USE the system. Instead everything is streamlined to be as efficient as possible for backoffice or managerial staff instead of those who are exposed to it on the proverbial coalface. That's why several government projects have been utter fiascos - No input from the boys and girls working the phones and working in the offices, or, worse, input from them blatantly disregarded because after all "what do they know".

*UGH*

S.